Competition Tanning Australia
You’ve done all the hard work now it is time to let Skinz do what we do best.
Competition Tanning is an elite market and differs from your normal ‘everyday’ tanning as it needs to stand up to stage lighting whilst enhancing and not hiding your muscle tone. This significantly darker colour brings along with it a large number of possible problems and it is essential that your tanner fully understands the judgement criteria for each federation and division.
Skinz has developed extensive experience & knowledge in all aspects of the tanning & competition industry and brings you their complete tanning services to ensure you look your best.
Too often backstage we see so many tanning errors.
- Black or ashy tans that will absorb the stage lighting.
- Green tans from products being incorrectly applied.
- Red tans result in competitors looking like a slab of raw meat. You should look tanned not skinned!
- The Golden Logie look from the over-application of dream tan and other glitter-enhanced bronzes.
- The Oil Slick look that one gets from an incorrect application of posing oils
- The Leprosy look where competitors look like they have a skin disease as the tan is flaking and/or patching.
Don't stand out for all the wrong reasons
YOUR TANNING OPTIONS
All clients (unless born with naturally dark pigmented skin) will require both base tanning AND top coat tanning so you will need to select either Tanning Package 1 or 2. WE HIGHLY RECOMMEND TANNING PACKAGE TWO FOR ALL COMPETITORS unless you already have very dark skin naturally. This package includes all of your tanning needs for every competition including unlimited coats applied over two sessions to ensure your colour is perfect every time.
Tanning Package 1 – $170 – Base & Top Coats Only: This is your basic ‘no frills’ package designed for those who will only be on the stage once during a show and who will not require sweat repairs or any posing oil applications on show day.
Tanning Package 2 – $184 – Base & Top Coats PLUS All-day Backstage Assistance: This package is highly recommended for pretty much all competitors as most are on stage multiple times in show and sweat marks present a real problem to your tan and your appearance. It covers all of your tanning needs plus our crew will be on-hand backstage all day to repair your sweat marks, emergency tanning repairs, posing oil applications, toilet mishaps and more.
Top Coats Tanning Only: – $110: If you have a very dark natural skin pigment then you require ‘Top Coat Tanning Only’. Please note that by ‘dark’ we mean ‘DARK’ not just well tanned.
Some things you need to know
- Base Tanning Coats are done the day prior to the show at the location of your choosing and aims to bring you to approximately 70% of your final stage colour requirement. Times for these are set by Skinz & will be emailed to you two weeks prior to your show
- Top Coat Tanning Coats are done on show day a few hours before your first stage run and will bring each athlete to the correct colour for their division and show level. Times for top coats are set by Skinz in accordance with your stage times and will go out the week of the show.
- Show 1 top coat tans are applied in the early morning at a location near the venue from 5 am.
- Show 2 tans coat tans are applied backstage at the venue from 9 am
- Note also that we DO NOT & WILL NOT tan over other people’s base tans as we use a specific product mix and other tanning products can inter-react badly with each other causing you to go red, green, grey or just nasty and blotchy
Please contact us to discuss your competition and division so that we can tailor a package to your specific needs.